This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

knox on idisk

dshaw
dshaw Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
i have uploaded knox vaults to idisk

i cant' open them

i get messages such as no mountable file systems or operation not supported on socket

dan

Comments

• dshaw
    dshaw Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    have used knox for years and it is very reliable and efficient way to encrypt files

recently i decided to put some data which needed to be encrypted on idisk

there is a problem with using it with idisk - If I create an empty file vault on my hard drive and then upload it it often does not open so I can add files [ the reason fro doing this is that files upload faster than larger vaults] i get an error message "there are no mountabel fiel systems", or i get an error code 1401 or no socket supported

i cannot create a knox vault directly on i disk.

sometimes the vault uploads as a sparse image which cannot be opened

dan
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Hi dan, and welcome to the forums! You had two threads with a similar problem so I merged them into this single thread.

[quote name='dshaw']there is a problem with using it with idisk[/quote]

Unfortunately I've heard a lot about idisk problems over the years; it is just too slow for many of the things we all expect from it.

I personally stopped using iDisk for things like this and only use DropBox now because it is so fast and reliable. If you really don't want to try DropBox as a replacement, be sure you at least enable iDisk Sync in the MobileMe > iDisk preferences.

With iDisk Sync enabled the files will be locally mirrored so iDisk might function better for you. In this case, however, I have to reiterate the need for daily backups of these files; I speak from [b]way too much[/b] experience on this last one, so please don't ignore the backup advice like I normally do :)