This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Autofill

nzjoel
edited September 2011 in Mac
I recently purchased 1Password. I naturally expected it to have an autofill tool so that when I visited a website that had a login form on it, then 1Password would automatically fill in those details and submit the login rather than me having to click the little key next to my address bar and then select the name of the login.

Have I missed an option to turn this on, or is this something that could be expected in future updates?

Comments

• Hi Joel,

Sorry for any confusion here, but 1Password doesn't actually automatically fill your Logins. Safari has a feature called Autofill that automatically logs you into a web site when the page loads and often people expect 1Password to act in exactly the same way.

Instead, you must select the login you wish to use by clicking 1Password's toolbar icon in your web browser or by using the Command + \ keyboard shortcut. This not only makes it possible to maintain multiple logins for the same web site, but also adds an extra layer of security, since your information will never be filled without your consent.

That said, we are considering some options for auto-fill functionality for a future update though I don't have a timeframe for when this may be available.