This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Admin Rights Required?

I've been unable to install 1Password on my work Windows machine. Is it still true that admin rights are required for installation?

If so, you might mention this in your system requirements on the website since I might not have purchased the Windows version in the package. In fact, I might not have given myself the headache of secure passwords on the work computer that I now have to start copying over from a file. 1Password really only works as a system when its ubiquitous across devices. On the Mac and iOS side its great.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    [quote name='jjvornov' timestamp='1314876865' post='43759']

I've been unable to install 1Password on my work Windows machine. Is it still true that admin rights are required for installation?

[/quote]

Correct. Our app does not require admin rights, but our installer does.
  • Welcome to the forum, jjvornov!

With 1Password freely available to install and try for 30 days, it just never occurred to me that one might've bought it without having tried to install it, first. Sorry about that.

If you can't get admin rights to install it on your work machine, please contact us at [i]support@agilebits.com[/i] for a refund. Be sure to contact us from the e-mail address associated with your 1Password license, so we can process the request.

Thanks!