This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password suddenly can't find data file [Solved]

I launched 1Password today and it asks me to find my data file or create a new one. Nothing has changed since last time I launched it. The web browser functionality is still working, so somehow 1PW is getting my login info from somewhere.

Looking at my User > Library > Application Support > 1Password folder reveals that there is no *.agilekeychain document.

Should I restore the keychain document from the archive folder?

What's going on?

I'm running the latest build. (Not beta.)

Comments

• Solved it.

Somehow, when I cloned my startup drive to upgrade it, the keychain didn't clone and 1Password has been using the keychain file from the previous startup drive (that I still keep mounted in case I need to boot from the previous OS to run an older app). The drive with the keychain was dismounted for other reasons today and when I launched 1PW, it therefore couldn't find the keychain. What's not clear, though, is how it was still able to unlock a website login even though the drive with the keychain was unavailable.

I copied the keychain file to the new startup drive and it's working fine now.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    This is great to hear. Thank you for the update!