This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Missing Finder Menu Bar Icon

MrMojoOne
MrMojoOne Junior Member
I no longer have a 1Password icon in my Finder Menu Bar for accessing 1Password when I am not using a Web browser. I cannot locate a setting to enable the icon.

Is this something that I can fix or am I imagining that 1Password has this option?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi MrMojoOne,

You weren't imagining its existence but it was never present in Finder: only supported web browsers. Unfortunately the new browser frameworks do not support it.
  • danco
    danco Senior Member
    You can, of course, keep a 1PW icon in the Dock to enable opening it. I think you can also keep it in the toolbar at the top of Finder windows. Not quite what you are looking for, but you may find these options useful.
  • Hello MrMojoOne,

If you were referring to the Key icon that used to be in the top menu bar, it is no longer available in Lion. The scripting code that allowed the icon in its previous form is no longer supported. We are investigating ways to bring back the functionality, but I do not have anything to report at this time.

In the interim, danco's ideas are worth considering as alternatives.

Cheers!

Brandt