This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Pro v3.3.1 Compatibility with iOS4

mpwright
mpwright Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Is 1Password Pro v3.3.1 for the iPhone compatible with the new OS for the iPhone (iOS4)?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi mpwright,

1Password Pro 3.1.3 is indeed compatible with iOS4, although it doesn't have any of the new multitasking features as of yet. I've been running 1Password Pro on my iPhone 3GS with the iOS4 GM Seed since this was released at WWDC without any issues.

Of course, before doing any OS upgrade we highly recommend that you backup your 1Password data either by syncing this with 1Password on the Mac or by using the built-in backup feature which you can read more about here:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/backup.html[/url]

Hope that helps,
  • funkonaut
    funkonaut Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    What about with iPhone4? I can't sync 1Password 3.2.5 with 1Password Pro 3.1.1.

I turn sync on on the iphone4. iphone appears under Sync in left rail of OS X app. "Status" reads "Not Authorized (Allow New Connections in Settings > Wi-Fi Sync)". So I "Allow New Connections" on iPhone4 and I'm never presented with a way to enter the access code on the Mac. If I click the Sync button on the Mac, the throbber appears next to the phone icon in the left rail, but nothing happens.

I'm stuck!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Have you restart the 1PW client? Sometime it needs a restart to get something going.
  • funkonaut
    funkonaut Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Have you restart the 1PW client? Sometime it needs a restart to get something going.[/QUOTE]

That did it. You have to open 1Password on the iPhone first, enable syncing, allow new connections, then launch the Mac client and you're presented with the authentication screen.

Weird that you have to do it in that order...
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having a problem with IOS 4, worked great in IOS 3... when the timeout occurs and the keypad wants to be displayed, the app crashes after a couple of times (completely white screen with nothing on it!!!). This is very annoying since restarting the app forces a completely new session. Also, device lock does not trigger the keypad at all when set to "Exit or Device Lock". I'm running with a iphone device autolock of 1 minute. Please consider patching and releasing soon...
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited July 2010
    [quote name='JAta2']I'm having a problem with IOS 4, worked great in IOS 3... when the timeout occurs and the keypad wants to be displayed, the app crashes after a couple of times (completely white screen with nothing on it!!!). This is very annoying since restarting the app forces a completely new session. Also, device lock does not trigger the keypad at all when set to "Exit or Device Lock". Please consider patching and releasing soon...[/QUOTE]

Hi, welcome to the forums.

We're sorry for the problems that you're currently having. The developers are working on the iOS 4 compatible versions of 1PW, there is no ETA for it right now. In the meantime, can you send the crash reports to the CS team at support AT agile DOT ws.

To get the crash logs, the directory is at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone>, make sure you sync to iTunes first so that it'll transfer the crash reports. Send us the ones for 1Passwords. We'll try to help you as fast as we can.

[B]Update[/B]: Can you try to reinstall the app? Remove it completely from the device and reinstall once again.
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    >> support AT agile DOT us

Says "Reason: #5.1.0 Address rejected "
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Reinstalled - so far so good, no crashes. If I get another crash, I'll post here. I suspect you still want the crash files though - if so, can you send me an email address?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='JAta2']Reinstalled - so far so good, no crashes. If I get another crash, I'll post here. I suspect you still want the crash files though - if so, can you send me an email address?[/QUOTE]

The reinstall should fix your issue, you probably had a corrupted install of 1PW when you upgraded to iOS 4. Each time you upgrade a new major iOS version on the devices, the application itself gets reinstalled when you restore from the backup, so it is likely 1PW got corrupted during this process.

The crash reports should help us understand why it is happening so, please do send it.The email address ends in .ws, it's support AT agile DOT ws. I apologize for the misspelling.
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Unfortunately, it occurred again - it seems much more rare however. In this case, I had the device manually locked before the timeout... 1PasswordPro timeout is set for 1 minute. iPhone device autolock is set to 2 minutes. This time I looked carefully at the dumps because I knew exactly when it occurred. No dump was generated. So I'm not sure what the totally white screen means. I had guessed that the numerous "Low Memory" dumps were related so am including them along with Passowrd Pro dumps.
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='JAta2']>> support AT agile DOT us

Says "Reason: #5.1.0 Address rejected "[/QUOTE]

Should be

support AT agile DOT ws
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Sent dumps successfully
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='JAta2']I'm having a problem with IOS 4, worked great in IOS 3... when the timeout occurs and the keypad wants to be displayed, the app crashes after a couple of times (completely white screen with nothing on it!!!). This is very annoying since restarting the app forces a completely new session. Also, device lock does not trigger the keypad at all when set to "Exit or Device Lock". I'm running with a iphone device autolock of 1 minute. Please consider patching and releasing soon...[/QUOTE]

We've reworked the auto-lock sequence and it should appear in the next updates. One part of what you're seeing is that the device is locking before 1Password's app can lock because you have them both set to the same time limit. But we shouldn't crash. Crash dumps are sent to us automatically when you sync your device with iTunes.
  • JAta2
    JAta2 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks!!! No crashes today yet, but I'm glad the problem will be addressed.