This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't use shortcut key to log into AT&T wireless website

paul7
paul7 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I've noticed this problem with AT&T wireless's website. When I first load up the website (attwireless.com), the textbox for "Wireless Number or Member ID:" is highlighted. While that textbox is highlighted, I am unable to use the shortcut key to log in (command + \). If I tab out of that text box (ie. to go to the password box) or if I click somewhere else on the page, then I can use the shortcut key to log in again. I've noticed this with Safari 4 and now 5.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    I see what you are talking about. I always use go and fill to login and would have never noticed this, thanks for bringing it up.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    That particular AT&T web portal is doing some "cutesy" JavaScript to disallow anything but phone number digits in the field. Keyboard shortcuts apparently get disabled by their mechanism. This would seem to be a fairly recent change, as it didn't behave this way about 2 months ago when I last logged in. Unfortunately it seems to be on all their portals as well. Tommy is correct though, that Go & Fill will work just fine on these sites.
  • paul7
    paul7 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ahh ok. Thanks for checking it out!
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='paul7']Ahh ok. Thanks for checking it out![/QUOTE]

You're very welcome!

I did find a partial workaround to their JavaScript. If you [URL="https://www.att.com/olam/loginDisplay.olamexecute"]use this URL[/URL] and tab to the password field (or click somewhere outside of the fields) you can then use your keyboard shortcut to select/Fill a Logins. For a keyboard-only user that click is probably not what you want, but it might help others that don't want to use tab (a little something for everyone!).