This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password button disappears in Firefox 6.0.1

I've found that the button vanishes sometimes, but haven't yet worked out when it occurs. Restarting Firefox fixes it.

Also, the button has moved to the right end of the button list, but stay put in Safari. I find that a bit confusing.

Thanks.

Comments

• similar to my findings - have to quit FF, go to applications, restart FF, then 1P button reappears. Posted about this yesterday....Forgot to mention, I'm using SL

I gave up on Safari - having enough problems
  • [quote name='James Moehrke' timestamp='1315100022' post='44292']

I've found that the button vanishes sometimes, but haven't yet worked out when it occurs. Restarting Firefox fixes it.

Also, the button has moved to the right end of the button list, but stay put in Safari. I find that a bit confusing.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Hello James and welcome to the Forums!

Regarding the 1P icon vanishing, would you please let us know which versions of 1Password and the 1P Firefox add-on that you are using? If you are using our most current versions, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on first.

@tuni12, please let me know the same.

Regarding the 1P icon moving back to the right side of the address bar, we've seen some instances where this was caused due to a conflict with another Firefox add-on. if this continues to occur, please let us know which other add-ons you are using, if any.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Brandt,

am now using FF6.01 (just downloaded it this a.m.) + 1PW version 3.8.3 build 3..31131 - also decided try opening 1PW on login - to see if this makes a difference. so far today the icon is there at the rh corner which is fine with me. Previous problems, may? be gone???? Maybe the answer is to ALWAYS open 1PW at login not wait and try to get it via FF???? does that seem plausible?

Note: in my case (not quite the same as original poster in this thread) for the past few days, just closing FF6 did NOT make the 1PW icon reappear. I actually had to QUIT FF, then go to applications, then reopen FF to my dock and then the 1PW icon reappeared on the menu.
  • I misspoke, I WAS trying to open 1PW AFTER FF was already open, that doesn't or didn't work. Then I decided to try the option I described above, opening 1PW on login, then going to FF. Sorry if I've confused anyone.
  • Hello tuni12,

Thanks for the clarification.

Are you still experiencing the same issue running Firefox 6.0.2 and the latest version of 1Password?

If so, please let us know. Also, include the the version numbers for FF, 1P and the 1P's FF add-on.

Cheers!

Brandt