This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sort software items by title/version

Dominion
edited September 2011 in Mac
I've finally gotten around to a task I've been putting off: entering all my software serial numbers in 1Password for quick & easy retrieval. (It's about time I got them out of that old Carbon app!)

While entering the first few titles I noticed that the sort order seems wonky if I choose to sort them by Title or Kind. Specifically, I've got a couple pairs of duplicate titles with different version numbers. One pair displays Version 1 above Version 2, while the other displays Version 2 above Version 1.

After scratching my head a while, I realized it was sorting them by title, then by modification date. I'd much prefer if it kept the version numbers in order regardless of when the records were last modified. In other words, when "Title," "Kind," or even "Tag" is selected as the sort criterion, 1Password should sort by title, then by version, then by modification date (assuming it finds more than one record having identical Title and Version values).

It might also be nice if we could choose between two version number sorting methods:

A. Sort by title (normal order), then by version (normal order)

B. Sort by title (normal order), then by version (reverse order)

The latter method would be appreciated by users who'd prefer to see the most recent version of the software appear at the top of the list.

I hope these comments are useful. (I'm using 3.8.2, in case that matters.)

Comments