This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PW and Safari 5.1 Master PWs are different

I am a new user. Created a few Logins in 1PW and installed Safari Plug In. I changed Master PW in 1PW because the original Master PW I selected was too lengthy to type in frequently. All well and good. However the plug in has retained the original Master PW and did not change along with the 1PW change.

What can I do to get these back in synch?

Comments

• Hello ebuyguy and welcome to the Forums!

There is a known issue that after updating the master password in 1Password app, the extension doesn't get updated with it, requiring you to use the old password instead.

We're working on fixing this as soon as possible. In the interim, to resolve this, please reinstall the extension. First, remove the extension from the browser and then use the extensions install site to install it again.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Just tried the workaround on Firefox 6, and it didn't work. The plugin still uses my old master password. Here are the steps I followed:

Removed 1password extension

Restarted Firefox

Added 1password extension

Restarted Firefox

Tested 1password extension... still uses old master password.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2011
    Hi Stephen,

Firefox is a little different, unfortunately, you need to delete the Firefox database manually. It's called OnePassword.sqlite and it can be found here:

[code]~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[/code]

Make sure Firefox is not running when you delete this file, then restart Firefox and you should find you can unlock 1Password with your new master password.

We're working hard to stop this from being required.