This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Windows vs. Mac 1Password behavior

michaelrowe01
michaelrowe01 Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Windows
I use 1Password both for my Mac and for my Windows machine. As a long time user of it on my Mac, I am somewhat surprised and confused by the behavior on windows. On my Mac, the browser add ons will prompt for my 1password password, before presenting me with the list of potential passwords for the site I am on. On windows it shows me the potential list of password site and once I chose the correct one, it prompts me for the 1password master password before filling in and submitting the form.

I believe the Windows behavior to be a bit of security problem. By showing someone the potential sites before prompting for the master password, I am potentially showing proprietary information, i.e. a site that has too much info in the name. Is there an issue with making the windows version match the Mac version for usage behavior?

Michael

Comments

• Michael, welcome to the forum!

There's no issue with making the behavior the same as you're used to: just enable the [b]Hide my Logins with 1Password is locked[/b] option on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences.

That should give you the behavior you want.

Of course, even with this option enabled, it's probably not a good idea to include your username and/or password in the name of a Login item.