This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How do I get past backup?

mickeygx
mickeygx Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I just upgraded to ios 4 on a 3G iphone and none of my Ipassword data is there. I have the free app version. Is there something I can do through the itunes synch function? I remember making a backup of my ipassword data a while ago. How would I get to that?

Thanks

- Michael

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    I can't tell for sure if your 1Password app was deleted during your iOS upgrade, or if it was just the data.

If you remove an app on your device you can get the app re-loaded to the device. Please follow these steps:

1) Delete the app from the device. Doing so deletes *all* data and settings for the app from that device.

2) Sync the device with iTunes using a sync cable.

3) Click on the device's name in the iTunes sidebar, and select the Applications tab.

4) Use the "Check for Updates" link at the bottom of the window to make sure you have the latest versions.

5) Re-select the Applications tab if needed after any upgrades.

6) Find the app's name in the listing and click the checkbox.

7) Click the Apply button and the re-enabled app(s) will be copied to the device.

In theory, backing up your iPhone is all that is required to make sure that you have your 1Password data. In practice, we have found that the iTunes backup and restore process is unreliable for application data, and that is why we include our own backup and restore feature. Please note that while this uses a web browser to perform the backup, it is not an "online" backup. The web browser is just the way that we make the data available for backup and restore. You can read more about the backup and restore process here <http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/backup.html>. The file created during the backup would have a .1ptbackup file type/extension in case that helps you locate it.