This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PW beta for FF adding hundreds of hidden context menu entries

bushbabywas
bushbabywas Junior Member
For some reason the 1PW beta extension for Firefox has deposited hundreds of hidden 'Unlock 1Password' entries in the right-click context menu. You can't see them when you right-click, but I use the [url="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/menu-editor/"]Menu Editor[/url] extension, and I can see them in its preferences. See image attached.

I wouldn't normally worry about this too much, even though it messes up menu editor, but I've recently Firefox has started occasionally and abruptly beachballing even with only a tab or two open. I have to force quit. The problem doesn't seem to recur when I disable the extension. Could the two issues be related?

Comments

• Hello bushbabywas,

I installed Menu Editor to see if I had the same results that you did, and I did not. Very odd indeed.

Would you please ensure that you are updated to the latest versions of 1Password and the 1P Firefox add-on, and let us know if you still see the same entries in Menu Editor?

If you do, to help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can "connect the dots."

[color=#ff0000]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the Forums![/color]

Cheers!

Brandt
  • I'm also having this problem with FF v6.0.2 and 1P v3.8.5 (build 31141), but it's worse because every few minutes another visible "1Password" context menu item is added. I'm up to 10 at the moment, and the only way to reset it is to manually remove them in Menu Editor, but they re-appear.

Any news on how to fix this?