This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password is hijacking my keyboard shortcuts

Since FF6 everything has gone pair-shaped in FF and In snow leopard.

As well as all the know issues i am now having problems with my keyboard shortscuts for other programmes. It seems like 1password takes over my systems ability to allow other programs to use the same keyboard shortcuts. Before i had the (command+alt+backslash) for dreamweaver with no issues. Now i get a conflict which doesn't allow it's use.

This i also had with (command+backslash). But after assigning 1Password another shortcut - then restarting, I was allowed to use it again. Later again i re-assigned it back to the original (command+backslash) and now it doesn't conflict with dreamweaver.

Why is this conflict now happening?

Comments

• Having a similar issue in Chrome. Have long used Command-\ for LaunchBar clipboard history, but now 1Password wants to use it too.

Weird thing is, after I reassign 1Password to a new key, it still responds to Command-\, even after restarting the browser.
  • Sorry for the delay in replying here,

Because of the way the new extensions work the keyboard shortcuts are actually handled by the background 1Password Agent (or 1Password Helper in our new Mac App Store version) and so you may find that the old keyboard shortcuts will remain active until you go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent.

I hope that helps,
  • Cool. Keyboard shortcuts are working as expected. Thanks!