This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgraded and my serial number fails

digitalengineer
digitalengineer Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Hi, I upgraded my MacBook (from 10.5 tot 10.6). I dowloaded Knox again and entered the serial I recieved from you guys. But it failed. What's up? Is a new purchase required? I'd like to keep using Knox...

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Welcome to the forums, digitalengineer

First make sure that you are indeed using the key from Agile and not one that may have been issued by the previous developer. This has gotten a few of us me included.

The key from agile works with 2.0 and up

The key form the previous developer works up to 1.64 (I believe this was there last version)

If you have a previous key then you should have received a new one from agile not long ago. Also note Agiles Key should start with KNOX2-.........
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    I also did want to mention I had an experience like this my first time, so I just removed knox via appdelete, appzapper or such and reinstalled and I was able to successfully add my key. I think somehow during my upgrade from 1.64 to 2.0 that something happened with my preference file and that was causing my problem.
  • digitalengineer
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the quick reply ;-) I did a clean install for Snow Leopard but transferred the User data usign the firewire bridge. I'll try removing the App and all the prefs. I think that might jut be it!

The email with serial I got was from:

The Kox Team

<i>Hi, and thanks a million for purchasing a Knox license!

Please save or print this email and keep it safe as it contains both your license details and your receipt. Or hey, how about a Knox vault for all your software license information?

-- Your license --

Licensed to: ... ....

License key:- ....... . . . . . .

License type: Single User Perpetual License

You can enter your license key on the "License" preference pane within Knox. Please make sure you enter your name and license key exactly like they are above. (Copying and pasting would work great.)

-- Your receipt --</i>
  • thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Your welcome, please do let us know how it goes.
  • digitalengineer
    edited December 1969
    AppZapp did the trick! Thank you very much!!!!
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    That's great! Thanks for letting us know.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='digitalengineer']The email with serial I got was from:

The Kox Team

<i>Hi, and thanks a million for purchasing a Knox license!

Please save or print this email and keep it safe as it contains both your license details and your receipt. Or hey, how about a Knox vault for all your software license information?

-- Your license --

Licensed to: ... ....

License key:- ....... . . . . . .

License type: Single User Perpetual License

You can enter your license key on the "License" preference pane within Knox. Please make sure you enter your name and license key exactly like they are above. (Copying and pasting would work great.)

-- Your receipt --</i>[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to mention that this email is the old Knox license and it will not be accepted in Knox 2. I suspect zapping your preferences appeared to make it work because you reset the trial period.

We emailed all existing Knox users a new license and the key starts with "KNOX2". Search for that email and be sure to look in your spam folder as well.