This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Finding data files in Time Machine after a clean Lion reinstall

Just had to have my hard drive wiped clean and Lion reinstalled. So I'm at the tedious job of getting everything going again.

Don't want to Time Machine to just put everything back automatically as I've no idea what it was that caused the problems in the first place, so I'm doing thing step by step. (Should I live that long...)

Anyway, got a new 1Password on the MacBook Pro... but where are all my passwords and info that I had in the old version? I've got Time Machine, so I hope all that info is safe on my external disk. But how do I find it?

How do I find the 1Password info I need in Time Machine and get it into the new version on my MBP?

Comments

• Hi Jane,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. By default 1Password stores your data file in the following location:

Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

So, if you open your Time Machine backups you should be able to locate the 1Password.agilekeychain file and restore this back to the same path. In Lion, you'll need to hold down the Option key while viewing the Go menu in Finder to reveal your Library folder, as this is hidden by default.

I hope that helps,