This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with browsers extensions

amphibious
edited September 2011 in Mac
1Password used to be awesome, now it's horrific.

1. Most of the time, sites I register for NEVER prompt me to create a saved login.

2. Most of the time, even if I can save the login, it NEVER actually saves in-browser or in-app.

3. On the rare occasion where it does save, it almost always saves to Folders/All with incomplete information.

4. On the rare occasion where everything appears to have saved correctly, it often won't actually fill correctly.

5. If I copy the password by clicking on it in the Safari plugin even though it says "Copied!" it doesn't actually copy it.

I would say I'm having problems with approximately 2/3 of new logins.

All of this came about when the new version of Safari came out. Firefox is better, but not by much, and I prefer to use Safari.

What's most upsetting about this is that I FINALLY got my parents to stop using the same password for every site and switch over to 1Password. I can't tell you how long it took, and how much hands-on training they needed to get the hang of it. They will be totally bewildered by the current version.

I've browsed through a good number of other threads to see if any of the posted solutions would fix the problems (Restart Agent, etc) and I haven't found anything that works.

Comments

• Many problems here, too. With all the major browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome). And if you look through all the posts from the last couple of weeks here this seems to be the norm now.

As I see it this is clearly a 1Password 3.8.x problem - I had no problems whatsoever with 1 Password 3.7.x but had to switch to 3.8 because I'm using Firefox 6 now.

1Password 3.8.x is terrible and it is a huge shame that Agile is offering this application still for sale without warnings about its problems. This is not a cheap application (it costs one third more than OS X) and as faulty as it is it should be withdrawn from the market for now.
  • Same here. I switched some time ago from PasswortWallet to 1Password - mainly because I like the autosave function of 1P so much. I was very happy with 1P up to version 3.7 and I'm more annoyed by the day with 3.8.

I do understand that new software versions can have problems. But with 1P it's now going on for weeks and nothing really changes and the makers mainly keep quiet or downplay the problems (they are however very fast to answer if someone says something nice about the software).

macuser1
  • duke22
    duke22 Junior Member
    Same here one password has become a pain. These used to be an application which I loved and used on a daily base without any problems but since these new changes one password is not really usable any more and I have to say I'm looking around for other solutions

the saving of passwords does often not work in Firefox and I had several instances where lost passwords because of these.

Every update has become a guessing game will one password work or not?

In rockemelt after an update 1PW does not work at all anymore

these new tiny window in Firefox and Safari is a pain to use you cannot easily create new passwords and is very cumbersome.

Please, please, please bring one password back to what it used to be
  • Wow... I guess it's comforting that it's not just me that are having severe issues, but at the same time it's REALLY disappointing that Agile doesn't seem to be doing anything about this, nor is any of this stuff showing up in the [url="http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/7380-faqs-and-known-issues-with-our-new-browser-extensions/"]Known Issues[/url] post.

Yikes!
  • tquigs
    edited September 2011
    I have nothing but inconsistency for over 2 weeks. It is Safari and Firefox and on two macs. I used to like this application and have used it for years. I hope someone is working on these issues. Same or similar to those in this thread.

Ditto the comment about these not appearing in Known Issues.
  • Seriously Agile are you guys smoking crack...you have screwed the pooch big time.....you have ruined the best piece of software for the Mac. The new version is unusable/broken/rubbish!

The only KNOWN fix is to roll back to Firefox 5.0.1 and 1Password Version 3.7.2 (build 31099)

Please fix this asap......it has been dragging on WAY too long now!
  • Hey AgileBits...

Can we get an official response here? Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

Give us a reasonable expectation for when we can hope to have the reliable functionality that we had four months ago...
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited September 2011
    [quote name='amphibious' timestamp='1315433519' post='45223']

1Password used to be awesome, now it's horrific.

1. Most of the time, sites I register for NEVER prompt me to create a saved login.

2. Most of the time, even if I can save the login, it NEVER actually saves in-browser or in-app.

[/quote]

Please let us know the links to the website where it happens.

3. On the rare occasion where it does save, it almost always saves to Folders/All with incomplete information.

[/quote]

Folder selection is not available at the moment. We are rewriting Autosave feature to fix that. What else is incomplete, could you give an example?

4. On the rare occasion where everything appears to have saved correctly, it often won't actually fill correctly.

[/quote]

Please give me a link to the sites where it happens.

5. If I copy the password by clicking on it in the Safari plugin even though it says "Copied!" it doesn't actually copy it.

[/quote]

This could happen if the connection between the extension and 1PasswordAgent/Helper is broken. We are adding better troubleshooting to detect this.

I would say I'm having problems with approximately 2/3 of new logins.

[/quote]

I am sorry, I do really need a more detailed information because 99% of my logins work fine and I cannot use my data to improve the extensions.

All of this came about when the new version of Safari came out. Firefox is better, but not by much, and I prefer to use Safari.

What's most upsetting about this is that I FINALLY got my parents to stop using the same password for every site and switch over to 1Password. I can't tell you how long it took, and how much hands-on training they needed to get the hang of it. They will be totally bewildered by the current version.

I've browsed through a good number of other threads to see if any of the posted solutions would fix the problems (Restart Agent, etc) and I haven't found anything that works.

[/quote]

I am sorry about this. The new version of Safari caught us off guard and we had to change everything in just a couple of months. I am sure your parents will like the new extension better than the old one once we resolve the issues that you mentioned.