This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to recover a mistakenly deleted agilekeychain?

expertseries
expertseries Junior Member
[size=4]Cleaning my drives last night, I accidentally deleted a local 'mobileme' backup folder (that was outside of time machine).[/size]

[size=4]As I used to sync several library items with mobileme, I must've put my live agilekeychain in there a year ago and inadvertently moved it to the particular out-of-timemachine folder.[/size]

[size=4]The disk recovery utilities I've used so far only seem to find known filetypes (a limited subset of photo, video, doc, archive, etc types), and thus I've been unsuccessful in having the file show up in the recovery list.[/size]

[size=4]Any tips or ideas for recovering the database? Any chance it's masquerading as something else, like an archive format?[/size]

[size=4]While it's nice having a fresh start (just lost my Things database as well) I'd still rather have the original keychain file if possible.[/size]

[size=4]Thanks for any help.[/size]

[size=4]Sincerely, Matthew[/size]

Comments

• Hi Matthew,

I'm pleased to say that 1Password should have your back here, the app automatically creates daily backups of your data file and if you go to File > Restore Data File from Backup within 1Password you should be able to restore from a backup from before the accidental deletion.

I hope that helps,
  • haha. Brilllliant! Recovered with just a single missing item (the most recent). Thanks for such a robust design, completely saved me from myself.