This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to move LOGINS to other vault categories

MrBrillo
edited September 2011 in Mac
I'm a brand new forum contributor, and I'm sure my question is answered here somewhere, but there are so many entries and there's a huge amount of information (and I have a limited lifespan), so here goes:

Q. How do I "move" a LOGIN vault item to a WALLET vault item?

It's not as intuitive as I first thought; drag and drop doesn't work. There must be a way. Or am I using the product incorrectly? I can access the accounts I need via the tag facility, but I think I obviously just filed my new accounts under LOGINS, as opposed to the WALLET. That said, I don't recall ever being invited by 1Password to supply a vault location when I recorded the login item - hence (I guess, my problem).

I'm sure there's a way. If not, then I'm equally sure the 1Password crew can add this as a future product feature.

Bob

Comments

• Bob,

Sorry for any confusion here, it's not currently possible to change a Login item to a Wallet item or to any other vault item type, each of the Vault sections show you all your items of a certain type and have certain features.

In the future, we do hope to make it possible to change item types, though I can't say exactly when this may be. Just to help you understand what the Logins section is for, any details that have a web login should be in the Logins section, your Wallet vault is for credit card, bank account and other details, including your passport.

I hope that helps,