This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Do I still need the InputManager?

mattclifton
mattclifton Junior Member
Hi all

I've been using 1Password for a few years now, and currently version 3.8.2 under 10.7.1.

Recently I was investigating a memory leak in Safari, and realized I had a lot of old (probably incompatible) InputManager folders in my system's Library. One of them is 1PasswdIM, dating from 2009.

Do I still need this folder now that 1Password is a Safari Extension?

Thanks!

Matt

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    Hi, Matt. I'm happy to tell you that you don't need the 1PasswdIM input manager anymore! 1Password is now fully implemented using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari's native extension APIs, so the input managers and scripting additions are a thing of the past.

That said, 1PasswdIM was probably not the cause of the memory leak for you. As far as I know, input managers are not loaded in Lion. (Under Snow Leopard, they only loaded under 32-bit.)

I hope that helps.
  • mattclifton
    mattclifton Junior Member
    Thanks, Jamie!

I will remove the folder. I did actually see my old Unsanity haxies (Smart Crash Reporter, Menu Extras Enabler) in a memory report, and wanted to clear them out first in case that was the issue.

All gone now, thanks again...

Matt
  • Hello Matt,

On behalf of Jamie, you are very welcome!

Thank you for updating the thread, and please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Cheers!

Brandt