This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.9 (MAS) - Reappearing Tags

Tags reappear after closing and re-opening 1Password.

If a Login entry contains a tag, and the Login is deleted, then the Login and the tag will reappear after closing and re-opening 1Password.

Some notes...

* I am using Dropbox sync

* I have switched off Dropbox sync, moved the 1Password files/folders out of Dropbox (including hidden file), and switched Dropbox sync back on

* Totally removing browser plugins does not resolve issue

* Emptying trash does not resolve issue

* If I delete the Login entry on my Mac, quit the Mac app, and open 1Password on my iPhone, then the Login entry is present ... If I delete the Login entry on my iPhone, then open the Mac app, then the Login entry is in the Trash ... If I empty the Trash, then close/reopen the Mac app, then it remains gone

* Tags are not a feature on the iPhone app, so I cannot do any edit tests

* Notes are editable on the iPhone, so I could test that - I added a note to a Login entry on my iPhone, and the note was added to the Mac app ... I removed the note on the Mac app, closed/reopened the Mac app, and the note was still gone

So, the problem seems to be that the Mac app does not properly handle deleting Login entries or removing tags. I haven't noticed other areas where edits/deletions are not working properly. I haven't been able to correspond this issue with outside influences (Dropbox sync issues, browser plugins, etc).

In all cases where Dropbox synchronization was required, I allowed the synchronization to complete before existing the app.

I hope this helps, but feel free to let me know if you need more/different information.

Comments

• tgt
    tgt Junior Member
    Just to confirm that I'm also seeing this issue and have tried everything James has.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you for reporting this problem. We know about this problem -- if you remove all the tags from the item, the change will not be saved. The change will only be saved if there is at least one tag.

We will make sure it is fixed in the next update.