This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Mac App Store Ver. 3.9 Install for New Users Not Working [SOLVED]

I just purchased version 3.9.0 from the mac app store. I have never used 1password before. I am running a mid-2009 macbook pro with Lion 10.7.1

After purchasing and rebooting so that the app appears in my applications folder, I select the application. The first windows appears asking me if I am a new user or if I have used 1password before. I select new user. The screen to enter a master password appears. I enter a master password and confirm it, and enter the password hint information. When I click "Continue" nothing happens.

I have re-installed, and rebooting my machine and still I can't get past the create master password screen.

Please help!

Comments

• tangdalun
    edited September 2011
    running this command in terminal fixed the problem for me. Fix provided by Roustem.

[color="#000000"][code] chmod -RN /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.$UID/overrides.plist [/code][/color]

[img]http://i.agilebits.com/dt/proven-solution-20110803-121213.png[/img]

[i][b]Edit by AgileBits: This is a proven solution.[/b][/i]
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Great to hear! Thank you for the update!
  • Worked for me too.
  • Phjindog
    Phjindog Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Did not work for me:

chmod -RN /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.501/overrides.plist

chmod: Failed to clear ACL on file /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.501/overrides.plist: Permission denied

Is this really a fix for mere mortals? Perhaps there is something going on with this particular version of 1PW. since I have never had any problem up to 3.8.5 I would think so.
  • roustem
    [quote name='Phjindog' timestamp='1315525642' post='45873']

Did not work for me: chmod: Failed to clear ACL on file /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.501/overrides.plist: Permission denied

[/quote]

Most probably you have more than one user and 501 belongs to a different user. This this command instead:

[code] chmod -RN /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.$UID/overrides.plist [/code]

If you are still getting this error, please let me know what you see when you run this command:

[code] ls -FaBl@WeHd /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.*/overrides.plist [/code]
  • Phjindog
    Phjindog Junior Member
    That worked without error and it fixed the 3.9 issue. MANY thanks!
  • roustem
    [quote name='Phjindog' timestamp='1315526313' post='45888']

That worked without error and it fixed the 3.9 issue. MANY thanks!

[/quote]

Awesome. Thank you for the update!