This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bugs and problems in browser extensions

ryanvb
ryanvb Junior Member
1Password used to be my favorite program. As I've posted here over the months, the inconveniences and problems keep multiplying.

Now:

1) The tedious hoop-jumping needed to get the latest extensions into browsers. I use the latest versions of Safari, Firefox and Chrome for the Mac. Installing the extensions and managing them takes a significant amount of time - where before you clicked a button in prefs and were done. Today, after two tries I got the latest extension into Safari. Firefox completely failed and Chrome loaded the 1P extension - through the bizarre command-line 1p-tab interface but it refuses to update with password changes I've made today using the main 1P program.

2) The pop-down in Safari refuses to launch the main 1P program when you try doing so with the button accessible through the tools gear icon. Previously, launching 1P through the Safari button was a breeze (almost everything about 1P used to be a breeze...)

3) I am still being asked repeatedly for my Master Password despite using all of the pref settings mentioned here in the forum. This was never the case before.

4) 1P asks if I want it to remember passwords when I register at new sites. Previously it was nearly uncanny in saving the correct login and password details. Now, however, it more often than not makes bizarre and useless choices with what it saves. More than 50% I have to go back and manually correct the saved details.

I just don't understand how a once-indispensible program has now become so dysfunctional.

Comments

• Ryan,

Something is definitely going wrong with your setup if you're having so many issues and I'm sorry that I could;t reply to you sooner with some answers.

Before we go any further, can you let me know which version of 1Password you have installed by going to 1Password > About 1Password.