This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Warning - 3.9 Sandboxing and DropBox symlinks

bed@abednarz.net
bed@abednarz.net Junior Member
So I discover today that although I thought I had met the documented requirements to continue working without issue after updating to the MAS v3.9 of 1Password, I have hit a glitch.

Since I have a SSD as my primary, I have my dropbox on my HDD, with a symlink at ~\DropBox so everything thinks its in the usual place. Lions sandboxing seems to not like this however, and thus 1Password fails to obtain read access to this. Since my dropbox is huge (30GB) moving it back to my SSD is not an option.

Havn't found a solution yet, posting this as a warning for others and to see if anyone has any good ideas.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you for your post!
  • bed@abednarz.net
    bed@abednarz.net Junior Member
    My solution, while not ideal does the trick for my requirements:

instead of ~\Dropbox symlinking to \Volumes\HardDrive\DropBox I now have ~\Dropbox as a real folder, and the various large subfolders are each individually symlinked out.

If I get any new folders syncing in dropbox, I will have to need to symlink it out again; so this way requires more maintenance, but that doesn't happen very often, and this is better than no dropbox-syncing for 1Password.

I wish there was a way for *users* to override sandbox restrictions, but ah well. What can you do. Hopefully iCloud will eventually make this all a non-issue.