This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox Sync Error with MAS version

macdrifter
macdrifter Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Mac
I just migrated to the MAS version of the application and the Dropbox sync fails. My Dropbox folder is not in my user folder since I want to save space on my SSD. It is on a secondary disk. When I try to link the MAS version of 1Password, I get the following error:

Failed to copy '/Users/weatherh/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain' to '/Users/weatherh/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain': Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The file “1Password.agilekeychain” doesn’t exist." UserInfo=0x7f9116978a70 {NSUserStringVariant=(

Copy

), NSDestinationFilePath=/Users/weatherh/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain, NSFilePath=/Users/weatherh/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain, NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9116bd3ef0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"}

Now I am trying to revert to my 3.8 install and I am having some major issues.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Unfortunately, the Dropbox folder must be in the default location because of the sandbox restrictions.

Let us know if you need help with reverting to 3.8.
  • macdrifter
    macdrifter Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1315527913' post='45925']

Unfortunately, the Dropbox folder must be in the default location because of the sandbox restrictions.

[/quote]

I definitely need help reverting. Will a symlink from my secondary drive to my user folder work instead?

Can I assume that there will continue to be a non-MAS version then?
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian Senior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1315527913' post='45925']

[/quote]

If it isn't in the FAQ, Roustem, it should be.
  • macdrifter
    macdrifter Junior Member
    Answered my own question. Symlink from user folder to Dropbox does not fix the problem.

I still need assistance reverting. I'm also very curious if 1Password will continue to be released as a non-MAS version.

Thanks.
  • macdrifter
    macdrifter Junior Member
    [quote name='NovaScotian' timestamp='1315528971' post='45943']

If it isn't in the FAQ, Roustem, it should be.

[/quote]

The FAQ only contains information on completely uninstalling version 3. I'd prefer just to get rid of the MAS version since I still have 3.8 installed.