This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Long Time User

I currently have 1Password installed (paid versions) on two machines, but want to move over to the Mac App Store way of life. Does this mean I have to rePurchase 1Password for both machines or have you something in place to migrate existing users over to the Mac App Store?

Comments

• milo
    edited September 2011
    no. log on to the appstore with the same apple ID on both machines. voila! download. it will work. read the FAQ before posting questions
  • @ConsoleGam3r, I do believe there's no way to get a free upgrade to v3.9 so I'm afraid we'll have to shell out. It's a bit of a nuisance but then again, while from a customer's point of view this isn't a really neat solution, $20 won't break the bank and v3.8 still works fine so there's no real need to upgrade at this point in time should you not want to pay.
  • CarlD
    CarlD Junior Member
    I don't want to speak for AgileBits, but I suspect what will happen is that, when available, the paid upgrade to 4.0 for existing 3.x license holders will be somewhere in the ballpark of 20 bucks as well.

Since the 3.x purchase from the App Store will include an upgrade to 4.0 when released, what you're effectively getting, as an existing license holder, is a MAS license and a pre-order for 4.0.

So, if having a MAS license is important to you, I would go ahead and purchase it- you get the best of both worlds.

BareBones actually did the same thing for the release of BBEdit 10, and I think it's a very fair approach to the MAS transition.
  • Like other users, I cannot get past setting the master password. The publisher says 7 days for an email response, but no email address given. I had to revert to 3.8.5. Complete waste of $20, since there is no support and the product does not work for many users. Does anyone have an email address for them?
  • [quote name='milo' timestamp='1315548703' post='46149'] read the FAQ before posting questions

[/quote]

No Thanks
  • [quote name='bscooper547' timestamp='1315561070' post='46224']

Like other users, I cannot get past setting the master password. The publisher says 7 days for an email response, but no email address given. I had to revert to 3.8.5. Complete waste of $20, since there is no support and the product does not work for many users. Does anyone have an email address for them?

[/quote]

This is very surprising, because for the past 4 years I've had GREAT support whenever a small problem appeared ~ try using their twitter, I've also had success there with the move over to Lion OS
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hey folks!

Sorry for the delayed reply here. As you can see by this forum we've been very busy since the MAS release! Many questions, such as this one, are addressed in the FAQ, so we would really appreciate it if you could read that before starting a new thread.

CarlD has hit the nail on the head. Purchasing 3.9 in the MAS is essentially pre-ordering 4.0, however it is at a 60% discount.

bscooper547,

The answer to your issue is in the MAS FAQ as well: [url="http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/8068-official-answers-1password-and-the-mac-app-store/"]OFFICIAL ANSWERS: 1Password and the Mac App Store[/url]

See the section titled [u][b][size=5]1Password Cannot Find My Existing Data[/size][/b][/u]

Thanks

Ben
  • I made an earlier post. I don't think I explained my question properly. I have more than one Mac. On the other two, I was able to delete version 3.8.5 and install version 3.9 from the application store. On an iMac running Lion 10.7.1, when I install version 3.9, it brings up the dialogue asking if I am a new user. If I answer yes, it will find the 1Password data in Dropbox, but the application will not open. When I try to unlock, it informs me that I do not have the correct password. Since I do remember the password, I am able to revert to version 3.8.5 and open the data. I tried installing and uninstalling this application from Lauchpad along with uninstalling the earlier version. On this one computer, I appear to be stuck with Version 3.8.5. Any suggestions?
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='bscooper547' timestamp='1315688771' post='47438']

... If I answer yes, it will find the 1Password data in Dropbox, but the application will not open. ...

[/quote]

This seems like the problem with file permissions that we saw many times in the past couple of days. Please try this solution and let us know if it works for you:

[url="https://onepassword-osx.tenderapp.com/kb/1password-3-for-mac/1password-fails-to-continue-after-the-initial-welcome-screen"]https://onepassword-osx.tenderapp.com/kb/1password-3-for-mac/1password-fails-to-continue-after-the-initial-welcome-screen[/url]