This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P no longer "just works" (using Chrome)

mpounsett
mpounsett Junior Member
It seems that since the last major upgrade, much of 1P convenience is lost in a host of small, irritating problems.

The browser plugins now seem to update themselves without first asking, which leads to frequent "agent not connected" errors at inopportune times, and simply upgrading the main 1Password app to match doesn't seem to fix the problem. There seems to be either an element of waiting, or restarting of the web browser to get them talking again.

On top of that, the client plugin now seems to be frequently unresponsive. I can click and click and don't get the popup. I now normally have to wait two to ten seconds, and in some cases I've had to wait up to two or three minutes for it to respond.

The new "save a new password?" popup is similarly unresponsive, although not nearly as bad. It seems to take a second or two to respond to clicks, which makes it unclear whether the first click was successful. Also, it doesn't dismiss when clicking the "never for this site" button.. which means that is now a two-click process.

The new plugin layout is incredibly annoying. Medium length passwords (over 20 characters or so) no longer fit in the generator window, so trying to copy & paste a password from there is awkward. It's hard to know if the whole password is highlighted.

Changing the password length, digits or symbols sliders in the generator window have no effect. I thought maybe it'd just been changed to no longer update live, but I haven't found a way to get it to update. Clicking the generator button again just resets the sliders to the way they were and generates a new password with the same properties.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other things too.. but that's already a pretty long list. Can we just go back to the old plugins please?