This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to upgrade from 1Password 3.8 to 3.9 (MAS version)

I paid the $20 but the new version does not recognize the database I am using. Luckily I was able to restore to 3.9.2 via Time Machine and trash 3.9.

Updating to a buggy version and finding that you don't answer questions nor offer direct technical assistance (i.e. no e-mails) is a VERY BAD SHOW and user unfriendly. Please fix or refund money immediately.

Comments

• [quote name='Ixcaneco' timestamp='1315548152' post='46140']

I paid the $20 but the new version does not recognize the database I am using. Luckily I was able to restore to 3.9.2 via Time Machine and trash 3.9.

Updating to a buggy version and finding that you don't answer questions nor offer direct technical assistance (i.e. no e-mails) is a VERY BAD SHOW and user unfriendly. Please fix or refund money immediately.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.... this type of customer service is a joke. I think it's awfully convenient (not) that there's no email support with the release of the MAS version. Please get with the program folks.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hey folks,

We are always here to help. I apologize for the delay, but we have been — I hope understandably — a bit busier than usual lately.

To upgrade from 1Password 3.8 to 3.9, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed by using 1Password > Check for Updates. This installs the latest version of 1PasswordAgent process. The latest version will automatically remove itself when the Mac App Store version of 1Password is started.

2. Move old copy of 1Password.app to Trash.

3. Install 1Password from Mac App Store.

The important thing to keep in mind is that the Mac App Store version is sandboxed and has very limited access to your file system. It can only store data in its Container folder (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) or in Dropbox.

If your data is already stored on Dropbox then 1Password will keep using it. If you data was stored in the previously default location (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) then it will be automatically moved into the Container.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!