This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password 4 ... ? mac app store [Answered]

milo
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I am all for migrating to the mac app store and getting the "sweet" 19bucks deal. (though i feel like i got a deal before)

anyway, in the end I'm sure it will be worth it...

HOWEVER, i am a good shopper, before i put cash down i like to know what I am buying. I can't throw 20 bucks out the window without knowing what i will be purchasing.

Now i know Agile is a good reputable company and wouldn't do a sloppy update ... but seriously guys, not even apple releases software without enticing us first.

really hope you can give us something to reason.

Comments

• ericsh
    ericsh Junior Member
    I echo milo's sentiment. Before I plunk down even the discounted $20 for the MAS version of 1Password and its free upgrade to version 4, I'd like to know what features are coming in version 4! I looked around the website & forums but couldn't find any info.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison Junior Member
    More appropriate question might be to ask what 1Password is missing that could/should end up in version 4.0?
  • charlie98
    charlie98 Member
    edited September 2011
    I echo the sentiment. This is not a US Congress product where nancy pelosi did the - you have to vote for it, or in our case buy it unseen, to see what's in it.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison Junior Member
    [quote name='charlie98' timestamp='1315598552' post='46738']

I echo the sentiment. This is not a US Congress product where nancy pelosi did the - you have to vote for it, or in our case buy it unseen, to see what's in it.

[/quote]

Yup....hence the $20 off the price. So really it's a simple matter of asking

"Based on Agile's history of updates am I relatively assured of version 4.0 being a meaningful update for half the price?"

If the answer is yes...you buy.

if the answer is no ...then you hold off and potentially pay $2x more
  • ericsh
    ericsh Junior Member
    [quote name='hmurchison' timestamp='1315599458' post='46750']

Yup....hence the $20 off the price. So really it's a simple matter of asking

"Based on Agile's history of updates am I relatively assured of version 4.0 being a meaningful update for half the price?"

If the answer is yes...you buy.

if the answer is no ...then you hold off and potentially pay $2x more

[/quote]

Politics aside, I want the third option: agilebits, please tell us what's planned for 1Password 4. After all, that's the carrot you're using to get us to pay $20 to switch the the MAS version 3.9.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    I don't have any news I can share about 1Password 4 yet, but please keep an eye on our blog for updates!

http://blog.agilebits.com/
  • Dissatisfied on this. its a sneaky way of getting people to fork some money over. its a bit unfair to your loyal customers.

its 3.9 ... why not wait until 4 and release it on the mac app store email current users who want to upgrade to get the deal fast and then up the price. Again, as i said, even apple releases a preview of their software before it is available for purchase.

I've fallen for the trap before via pixelmator.

Hopefully you guys have a good deal when it is first released or i guess ill be "doomed" at 3.8
This discussion has been closed.