This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Multiple data files: Data ruined? How to get back?

lollomatique
edited September 2011 in Mac
After the most recent upgrade to Version 3.8.5 (build 31141) this morning I find that my setup with three data files is not working any more. It didn't work since a couple of weeks with the Firefox extension, but now even the desktop version ceases to work.

What one of your support staff already told me when I complained about the FF extension was that you never officially supported or recommended the use of many data files. I know that. And I somehow understood that for the FF extension. But with that recent thing related to the desktop version, you really pissed me off. Apologies for explicitly stating that.

What happens (and what really makes me fear I lost my content) is:[list]

[*]When I switch data files by double-clicking them, I always see the content of one of the data files. The three files have different passwords, so I can tell that I see different files (’cause I must enter a different password), but what I see then is the very same.

[*]The files have different sizes though, so I thought this was only a display issue. In order to access my stuff, I opened the keychains in Firefox (1P anywhere). There, it really looks like they’re ruined: It seems all have somehow the same content. Which is, actually, a kind of mixed-version from all three files.

[*]Even switching the data files in the settings of 1P doesn’t work: The content stays the same.

[/list]

What really annoys me with that is that you have changed this behavior without notice. I understand that you never actively supported using multiple data files, but what you have in fact [i]allowed[/i] was (and still is) specifying the data file in the settings. [i]And even that does not work any more.[/i]

Please, please tell me I am wrong. Please tell me this is a bad dream. I cannot believe I have lost all my about five hundred passwords.