This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Encrypted Web Page on Android Phone

hubertchanis
hubertchanis Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I am a recent convert from an iPhone to the new HTC EVO 4G, which runs Android 2.1. Please add my vote for support in developing 1Password for Android. In the meantime, I'm using a 1Password encrypted web page on my phone and have run into a problem that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Both my Logins and Generated Passwords on the encrypted web page only lists maybe about 1/4 of all my Logins and Generated Passwords. I have around 70-80 items each in those categories. It just doesn't allow me to scroll through the entire list. However, if I look for the "unlisted" items in Search, they show up so I know it's there.

This happens in both Dropbox viewer and the default browser app on my phone so it's consistent amongst at least two HTML viewers.

I think the encrypted web page exported by 1Password is making the page size shorter than the number of items I have in those two categories.

Are others experiencing the same issue? How can I workaround this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

I wish I could help you with this, I tried to duplicate your Android device via emulator, doesn't seem to reproduce your bug. It worked with my encrypted web pages. Maybe something in your settings, have you tried the settings like turning off the "auto-fit" and such?
  • hubertchanis
    edited December 1969
    Hi MikhailT,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did play with all the settings and am unable to change anything that affects the way the encrypted web page is viewed. There is no auto-fit setting or any other setting that alters the way web pages fit on the android browser.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    @hubertchanis, sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

Have you try the following workaround [QUOTE]...You must have Dropbox installed on the phone, and have exported an encrypted HTML file from 1Password on your computer to your Dropbox. I was really frustrated that opening that file in the Android web browser strangely produces nothing, but was thrilled to find this solution … from WITHIN THE ANDROID DROPBOX APP, when you choose to open that encrypted HTML file, it will give you a choice of apps to use, and if you then choose DB HTML READER … that's it! happy, happy, joy, joy[/QUOTE]
  • hubertchanis
    edited December 1969
    Yes I've tried both the Dropbox HTML Reader and the built-in Internet browser on the phone. Both show the same thing, which means that somehow they are both reading the encrypted web page the same way.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    My apologies, I missed the part in the first post that said you did try Dropbox.

Am i correct to assume that you already tried to export it once again? You could try to export selected and create multiple password files, which would be annoying. There's just no official support for Android. I am not sure if there's a way to update your web browser or download an alternative browser like Opera Mini or something like that.
  • hubertchanis
    edited December 1969
    Hi MikhailT, I think I may have solved my own problem.

After entering my password on the encrypted web page and selecting the category, I have to wait for the entire page to load before scrolling through it. If I scroll down while the page is loading, the page stops at the extent of what is loaded so far. I guess my thumb is quick to scroll down after selecting the category and since my Logins and Generated Passwords category is the longest, I naturally had problems with only those two categories.

I repeated this waiting procedure on both Dropbox and built-in HTML viewers and have confirmed that this works.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='hubertchanis']Hi MikhailT, I think I may have solved my own problem.

After entering my password on the encrypted web page and selecting the category, I have to wait for the entire page to load before scrolling through it. If I scroll down while the page is loading, the page stops at the extent of what is loaded so far. I guess my thumb is quick to scroll down after selecting the category and since my Logins and Generated Passwords category is the longest, I naturally had problems with only those two categories.

I repeated this waiting procedure on both Dropbox and built-in HTML viewers and have confirmed that this works.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

We appreciate your updating us all with your discovery. I'm glad you found a sequence that works, and what doesn't.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Now that we 1Password for Android is here you will probably want to use it instead of 1PasswordAnywhere.

Please [url=http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?24893-1Password-for-Android-Arrives%21-Screenshots-and-Setup-Instructions&p=122263]see this thread[/url] for screenshots and setup instructions.