This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

2 machines - 1 Lion, 1 Snow Leopard

smooshy
smooshy Junior Member
I've got 1P installed on 2 machines. One is running Lion, one is running Snow Leopard, using dropbox for storage. If I upgrade to 3.9 on my Lion installation, can I continue to run 3.8 on my Snow Leopard machine and still access the same keychain in dropbox?

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Yes, this will work fine. 1Password 3.8 and 3.9 are using the same data format.

Out of curiosity, what's stopping you from upgrading the second machine to Lion?
  • j2hanten
    j2hanten Junior Member
    I have the same problem, but in my case it is three systems. I have Lion on my laptop because it was the easiest to upgrade. The other two systems have software that has to be upgraded first which doesn't exist yet. I'm glad to hear they are using the same data format. Will the browser plugins continue to work with both for a while with all these browser updates?
  • rdforbes
    rdforbes Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1315580656' post='46443']

Yes, this will work fine. 1Password 3.8 and 3.9 are using the same data format.

Out of curiosity, what's stopping you from upgrading the second machine to Lion?

[/quote]

I have the same situation (one Lion and one Snow Leopard). What's stopping me is the WAF (wife acceptance factor) - she's not ready to tackle the Lion learning curve quite yet.
  • Thanks, this is good to know.

I have to use Snow Leopard at work since IT won't upgrade, at leat not yet (in fact, I received Snow Leopard just two weeks ago...).

Anyway, what are the chances that the data format will stay the same with 1Password v4? Will we still be able to use 1Password on computers running different versions?
  • smooshy
    smooshy Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1315580656' post='46443']

[/quote]

IT dept says not to upgrade my work laptop yet. The main issue being we use a wifi network with authentication and in Lion, those networks are not connected at the login screen.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='MacAndre' timestamp='1315593652' post='46669']

Thanks, this is good to know.

I have to use Snow Leopard at work since IT won't upgrade, at leat not yet (in fact, I received Snow Leopard just two weeks ago...).

Anyway, what are the chances that the data format will stay the same with 1Password v4? Will we still be able to use 1Password on computers running different versions?

[/quote]

Not sure on v4 yet.