This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Troubleshooting Menu Gone in MAS version

So I'm still not a fan of this switch over (1Password just isn't well suited for the MAS, especially right now.) but I bought it to see if i could get used to it. Immediately I encounter issues with the browser extensions, so I go to the help menu to restart the agent/helper. Gone.

So what do I do now? The extension and app aren't communicating. I hate that you guys have removed all these useful options without solving the underlying problems, for the record.

Comments

• ...I'm still having this problem, even though I'm being ignored. The 1Password Helper frequently drops out, the extension reports a problem, and now I have to hunt the process down in Activity Monitor and kill it off instead of using the handy menu option that existed in previous versions.

Hiding useful troubleshooting options doesn't help novice users. It just means there is no way they will be able to solve the problem.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Not ignoring you, sorry for the delayed reply.

Have you restarted your computer since upgrading to 3.9? I've read from some users that this can help solve problems with the helper.