This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari has old agilekeychain after installing 3.9 from MAS.

I previously had 1Password 3.8.5 installed. I dragged it to the trash and purchased 3.9 from the mac app store.

I copied over my latest agile keychain to the container location where running 1Password 3.9 for the first time put the keychain.

Previously I had updated a password in a different machine so I was copying over the latest agiile keychain to pick up the change.

When I use safari it still has the old password for the login.

So I deleted the agilekeychain file from the container location mentioned in the MAS FAQ.

To my surprise with no key chain and the 1Password app prompting me to create or open an existing keychain I can still use safari and login to my old keychain.

Where is the Safari extension storing this old copy of the keychain? Does it just cache all the data? If so how do I delete the cache?

It's a little worrying that after deleting the keychain it's still available in safari.

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Mark,

Safari extension is using the official extension API and cannot access anything except its own database that Safari creates for it. The Safari extension is using a WebSockets connection to exchange data with 1Password Helper.

The database file is created in ~/Safari/Databases folder. If you uninstall the extension then its database will be deleted automatically.
  • Ok thanks for clarifying.

In the scenario I copy over an updated agilekeychain from another machine again do I need to flush the Safari datafile file each time?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Yes, that may be required.