This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.9 just bought on MAS not working!

As a long time existing user of 1Password I decided I would purchase the 3.9 'upgrade' (my current version is 3.8.5), but sadly the new version isn't working properly. The application opens but then asks if I am existing or new user, I select existing, then select my 1Password keychain file, then nothing!!! The app just sits there without opening any window and even if I select 'main window' nothing happens. What's up with this Agile? Perhaps a little too eager to join the MAS clan.

My OS is the latest version of Lion.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for purchasing 1Password! This is a known issue with file permissions that seem to affect many users. We emailed Apple and hopefully there will be a solution that provide fix for everyone at once.

For now, you can use this command to fix the permissions. Please open Terminal app and then copy and paste this line and press Return:

[code] chmod -RN /var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd.peruser.$UID/overrides.plist [/code]
  • Blooskyy
    Blooskyy Junior Member
    Thanks for your super quick reply, this has solved my problem and 1Password 3.9 is working again.

I must say though, Agile should really have solved this with Apple before releasing this version, all it creates is frustration for your clients. As a long time user of 1Password I shouldn't have to resort to troubleshooting and Terminal commands to get the application working, I've wasted a whole hour trying to resolve this, as will countless other people. Not good in my opinion.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Booskyy,

This only seems to affect a small portion of the 1Password population and was not caused by 1Password. It didn't come up in our testing, or we would have filed the bug with Apple then.
  • Quick suggestion: The terminal command provided by Roustem above differs from that provided in the Sticky about MAS 1P. I'd suggest a quick edit to both that line of code and removing the verbiage discussing various user IDs since the new code provided will work for any user id.
  • emf
    emf Junior Member
    I upgraded from 3.8.5 to 3.9 today but when I try to open the new version, it crashes on launch. I followed the instructions on the FAQ; upgraded to 3.8.5 and then purchased 3.9 through the app store. I've tried fixing the permissions as well as restarting to no avail.

Is there someone I could send a crash report to? I'm not sure if I want to post it here.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi emf,

Sure, please email it to support@agilebits.com
  • emf
    emf Junior Member
    Thanks, email sent.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for sending the email, emf! It looks like Mike and Chad have begun assisting you via email, and we'll keep at it until things are fully resolved.