This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password preventing copy and paste email addresses into Mail.app?

Navstar
Navstar Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Just wondering if there was some 1Password security setting that's preventing me from copy and pasting email addresses into new Mail.app messages.

I have the 'clear clipboard' option on, but its set to 60 seconds.

Comments

• housemeschter
    housemeschter Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    hallo,

i had the same Problem after changing Passwords, just do the simple way by apple copy and paste.

greetings out of Germany

housemeschter
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Navstar']Just wondering if there was some 1Password security setting that's preventing me from copy and pasting email addresses into new Mail.app messages.

I have the 'clear clipboard' option on, but its set to 60 seconds.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='housemeschter']hallo,

i had the same Problem after changing Passwords, just do the simple way by apple copy and paste.

greetings out of Germany

housemeschter[/QUOTE]

Are you both using 10.6.4? I was able to reproduce this bug but it doesn't happen just from 1P, it doesn't work from any application that I copied from, suggesting that this is a Mail.app bug.

This is how the bug works:

1) Copy any text even non-email address

2) Go to Mail.app, Create New Message

3) Attempt to paste via Cmd+V or Edit>Paste into the To:, Bc:,Cc:, Subject: fields, it won't work.
  • Navstar
    Navstar Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Are you both using 10.6.4? I was able to reproduce this bug but it doesn't happen just from 1P, it doesn't work from any application that I copied from, suggesting that this is a Mail.app bug.

This is how the bug works:

1) Copy any text even non-email address

2) Go to Mail.app, Create New Message

3) Attempt to paste via Cmd+V or Edit>Paste into the To:, Bc:,Cc:, Subject: fields, it won't work.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm using 10.6.4, but this problem existed in 10.6.3 also.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Navstar']Yes, I'm using 10.6.4, but this problem existed in 10.6.3 also.[/QUOTE]

But can you confirm you are seeing the same thing that I'm seeing, that it's not directly 1PW's bug and that it's Mail.app?