This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P MAS not working with Unix hosted pages with popup auth window

Xipper
Xipper Junior Member
My employer has many internal sites that require authentication, these sites are hosted on Apache and other Unix browser environments supporting wiki pages and other content. When these pages are access a popup username/password window is presented by the browser, within Firefox 6 1Password dialog opens with the keyboard short cut however it is complete unresponsive and you cannot select any options.

Opening the same pages within Safari 5 has similar problems, sometimes the auto-detect of pages also fails to find a single login match when normally it should show 5-8 options for me for these pages. I have to manually open the 1Password app, find the login and copy/paste it into the authentication dialog box.

This problem did not occur with version 3.8.5, only with 3.9. It is essentially useless for me as I have dozens of these pages I must access on a daily basis.

Comments

• Xipper
    Xipper Junior Member
    So this seems to be 100% related to the FAQ:

[quote][b]What happened to the HTTP Auth or htaccess prompts?[/b]

The current extension frameworks we're using for our new extensions does not allow us to integrate with the external windows in the browsers. We're working with the browser vendors to try to find a solution for this. We hope to bring this support back in the near future. In the meantime, please copy and paste between the browser and 1Password.

[/quote]

This is a big problem for me, I've been a 1Password user since 2008. I've referred dozens of people to you, we all use sites that use HTTP auth and .htaccess prompts. Do you have any ETA on a resolution to this? Do you have the plugin and 1Password versions still posted that do support these widely used authentication methods?