This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Important: 1Passwort doesn't start

dchrist1
dchrist1 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hello from germany,

I have a problem with my iphone 3G , iOS4 and the app 1Password. I can start it and after I enter the unlock code, the app will close. There is no update for the app and no update for the iphone os. Can you tell me, what I can do to fix it? :-( I need the passwords :cry:

I already restarted the iPhone.

Daniel Christ

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the problems that you're having right now, do you have a backup already somewhere on your computer? I would like to recommend that you create a backup with your iPhone right now via iTunes before doing anything else, in fact you'll have to do this in order to send us the crash report that you're having.

Please refer to this help guide in how to send us your crash report, [url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/crash.html[/url]

The AWS CS team will get back to you as soon as they can.
  • iPhoneEGC
    iPhoneEGC Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi,

I have the same problem.

I can't find the crash report - mayby you have already anser for this problem.

Thank you for help.

Przemek
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dchrist1']Hello from germany,

I have a problem with my iphone 3G , iOS4 and the app 1Password. I can start it and after I enter the unlock code, the app will close. There is no update for the app and no update for the iphone os. Can you tell me, what I can do to fix it? :-( I need the passwords :cry:

I already restarted the iPhone.

Daniel Christ[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iPhoneEGC']Hi,

I have the same problem.

I can't find the crash report - mayby you have already anser for this problem.

Thank you for help.

Przemek[/QUOTE]

Hello guys, we are seeing a lot of users with the same issue. This is happening because 1PW got corrupted during the reinstallation after the IOS 4 upgrade. Please remove the app completely from the device and reinstall it. It should fix the problem.

Let us know if it does and Przemark, welcome to the forums.
  • acanthis
    acanthis Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    Similar problem. I upgraded by 16GB iPhone 3G from 3.1.2 to 4.0 but now 1Password Pro refuses to start. Tap the 1Password icon; the PIN screen pops up for half a second and then vanishes.

So it seems that upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G kills 1Password - which is extremely annoying, especially as it was working so brilliantly under iOS 3.1.2!

Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing.

Update: I think it's OK now. It seems the correct way to fix this problem is this:

1) Uninstall 1Password

2) Completely power down the iPhone (hold the power button at the top until the red slider appears, then slide it to shut the device down)

3) After the iPhone has switched off, wait about 10 seconds

4) Power the iPhone back on

5) Reinstall the app

Without doing the power down a simple uninstall/reinstall just didn't work for me.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='acanthis']Similar problem. I upgraded by 16GB iPhone 3G from 3.1.2 to 4.0 but now 1Password Pro refuses to start. Tap the 1Password icon; the PIN screen pops up for half a second and then vanishes.

So it seems that upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G kills 1Password - which is extremely annoying, especially as it was working so brilliantly under iOS 3.1.2!

Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, acanthis!

I'm sorry to hear that you too have been impacted by the iOS upgrade. It doesn't help, but please know that 1Password is not involved in the upgrade process process itself so we have no idea why this problem might arise for some upgrades and not other. We've seen customers get hit with this problem before during other iPhone OS upgrades so apparently Apple continues to not do this perfectly.

Re-installing the app usually will get the 1Password crash to stop. Have you completely powered off your mobile device? I had one app on my iPhone that crashed after its first launch under iOS 4 but then "recovered" when I launched it for the third time. Maybe it's Gremlins?
  • I deleted the app as suggested, but now the App Store wants to charge me $9.99! Help!!
  • owlgirl
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem - crashing after it says code accepted - but I can't figure out how to backup my data, or if it is backed up on my computer. Help! I have an iPod Touch G2 iOS vs 3.1.2. I also don't know where to look for crash reports on my iTouch.

Please help!!!

Thanks.

Actually, I just found the crash reports. I will attach them.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='ChicagoMike' timestamp='1281824854' post='8765']

I deleted the app as suggested, but now the App Store wants to charge me $9.99! Help!!

[/quote]Hi Mike,

Please check your PM that I just sent you. I'm sorry that we didn't respond sooner. In short, Apple will not charge you for re-downloading the same apps that you purchased in the past as long as you use the same AppleID that was used to purchase those apps. Also, please make sure to download the exact same version of 1Password you purchased in the past, 1Password Pro is not the same as 1Password for iPhone or 1Password for iPad.

[quote name='owlgirl' timestamp='1314034492' post='41541']

Hi,

I'm having the same problem - crashing after it says code accepted - but I can't figure out how to backup my data, or if it is backed up on my computer. Help! I have an iPod Touch G2 iOS vs 3.1.2. I also don't know where to look for crash reports on my iTouch.

Please help!!!

Thanks.

Actually, I just found the crash reports. I will attach them.

[/quote]Hi owlgirl, welcome to the forums!

Do you have the desktop version of 1Password on the computer? You can back up your data with 1Password via the[url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html"] Settings > Database > Backup & Restore in the 1Password app[/url] on the iPod touch if you can get the 1Password app to stay opened. Try rebooting the iPod touch, it may help with getting 1Password to open.

i'd recommend upgrading your iOS to 3.1.3 and updating 1Password app if you're not using 1Password 3.5.9 (please check for updates in the App Store app on your iPod). Updating both should fix the crashing issue.

Please let me know if that helped.

Also, can you tell me why you're not using iOS 4 which is supported on your iPod touch G2?