This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

v3.9 won't find data file: agile keychain file is a folder

csdwell
csdwell Junior Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I was using 3.8.5, and downloaded 3.9 from the store. with 3.9 I was presented with the existing user dialog, but 1p seems to dislike the existing datafile since it seems to look inside the keychain folder file package. it sees 1password.html, 28.jpg, folder a, etc..... in the file open dialog.

The keychain file is inside dropbox, inside documents.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi csdwell,

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about the trouble.

It looks as though your Dropbox folder may not be located at ~/Dropbox? With 3.9, due to Apple's sandboxing restrictions, in order to use an Agile Keychain with Dropbox the keychain must be located at ~/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

If it's not there, please try moving it there.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Ben
  • csdwell
    csdwell Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Yes, that solved the problem. I thought having the dropbox folder inside of documents was the requirement - the detail is very easy to miss in the FAQ. The error from 1P is also easy to misunderstand - I thought it was a "package" issue, given what the file open dialog was presenting.

to make is clear THE DROPBOX FOLDER MUST BE A THE ROOT OF THE USER DIRECTORY, NOT IN "DOCUMENTS"

and for someone who is unused to all this, like me....

YOU MUST USE the Dropbox Preferences to move the dropbox folder......don't move it yourself.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks for the feedback csdwell, I will see what we can do about making this more clear.
  • My dropbox folder is in the right place and I see the 1password file inside the local dropbox folder. Can you tell me why this file isn't syncing out onto my Dropbox cloud folder? I can't successfully get another computer to use that same file unless it (or a current copy of it) is out on the cloud. Please help ASAP! Thanks.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='Mark10023' timestamp='1315841867' post='48176']

My dropbox folder is in the right place and I see the 1password file inside the local dropbox folder. Can you tell me why this file isn't syncing out onto my Dropbox cloud folder? I can't successfully get another computer to use that same file unless it (or a current copy of it) is out on the cloud. Please help ASAP! Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure I understand the question.

You see 1Password.agilekeychain in the root Dropbox folder, but this file does not appear on your other computers linked to the same Dropbox account?

Do you see it in the web interface at http://dropbox.com/ ? If not it sounds like Dropbox is unable to sync. Please try restarting your Mac. If that does not help, I would recommend dropping Dropbox support a line and see what they can do for you.