This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Manual Saved logins with plugin not showing in app

Upgraded to MAS version today. Using ~/Dropbox agilekeychain just as before. I see all my previous items in the app. The problem I have is I'm trying to save/create a login for a site that I previously said 'never save'. I entered my credentials at the web page, then before submitting fired up the plugin (safari) and clicked the + sign to save it. I managed to get it saved this way, however the login doesn't show up in the actual application. Going back to the site, it shows up with the plugin and logs me in, it just doesn't show up in the 1password app. I have restarted both apps, rebooted, etc., no change in behavior.

Comments

• beasleyiv
    beasleyiv Junior Member
    Update, I noticed that another 1password on another mac I haven't upgraded yet is pointed at 1password.agilekeychain_folder. The MAS version was pointed to 1password.agilekeychain. I told the MAS version to revert back to local, then deleted the local 1password.agilekeychain, restarted 1password and all the logins were there. Checked preferences and it was using ~/Dropbox/1password.agilekeychain_folder now. I see correct logins, and the previously saved logins not showing before.

Can you say buggy? Perhaps the 'upgrade' process should be investigated a bit more. I followed it exactly.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I'm sorry you had trouble getting started, beasleyiv.

To conform to Apple's specific rules for Mac App Store submissions, there are some differences between the application available from the AgileBits store in the past and what you'll get when you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store.

Application "sandboxing" is in place for increased security and isolation from other applications. This places strict limits on what parts of your computer's hard drive(s) can be accessed. Only locations that Apple approves us to access are allowed.

You only have two choices of location for the data file: within the installed sandbox of the application or in Dropbox.

If you choose to sync your 1Password data using the free Dropbox service, the 1Password data file must live in a fixed folder of your Dropbox storage and the Dropbox folder *must be* located in your OS X account's home folder.

The data file's name will always be 1Password.agilekeychain.

If you have any trouble, please let us know. We are always here to help!