This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

can't buy 1Password in MAS under MacOS X 10.6.8

Today I tried to buy the new 1Password from the MAS just to make sure I will get it for the reduced price. I won't update my iMac before next year to 10.7.

But the purchase failed with an error message, saying that I can only buy it when I have 10.7 installed.

That's crazy. Why can I not just buy it and not installing it? I feel trapped.

Comments

• If you know someone else running 10.7, perhaps you can log into the MAS using their Mac and make the purchase at the reduced price.
  • That's the beauty of the MAS. I have no words for this flawed system...
  • danco
    danco Senior Member
    That's Apple looking after non-technical users too well, and making things difficult for experienced users.

They will let you buy and install a program, but not buy and keep for later installation. And since 1PW 3.9 is Lion only, they don't want Snow Leopard users buying and complaining that it doesn't work.

I have an experimental Lion partition on an external drive, so I just booted into that to buy 1PW 3.9
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='daggle' timestamp='1315648107' post='47051']

If you know someone else running 10.7, perhaps you can log into the MAS using their Mac and make the purchase at the reduced price.

[/quote]

This seems like a reasonable solution.