This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari-Extension not working: Could not connect to 1PasswordAgent.

bw1faeh0
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Hi everyone!

i bought 1Password via Appstore. Sadly the Safari Extension is not working (Screenshot 0). The Troubleshooting (Screenshot 1) is not working because my version of 1Password has no Help > Troubleshooting menu entry.

Screenshot 0 shows my Safari with 1P-Icon beside the url, but 1Password don't recognizes the installed safari extension. Firefox extension is recognized.

I tried the stable safari extension and the beta. At the moment beta is installed.

By the way: The Chrome-Extension isn't working too. Only Firefox-Extension works.

What can i do?

best regards, Christian

--------------------------------------------------

[b] System Information[/b]

System time 2011-9-10 : 9:55:21

Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_1) AppleWebKit/534.48.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.48.3

[b] 1Password Extension Information[/b]

Extension version 3.8.3.b3 ([url="http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/ext/CHANGELOG"]release notes[/url])

Database created at 2011-9-9 : 19:28:56

Instance UUID dcd654f0...75D0

Uptime (mins) 5

[b] 1PasswordAgent Information[/b]

Connection status Not Connected

1PasswordAgent version undefined (undefined)

Heart beat interval (sec) 20

Heart beat acknowledged No

Number of heart beats 13

Round trip elapse time (ms)

Data update in progress No

Last data update completed at NaN-NaN-NaN : NaN:NaN:NaN

Data update elapse time (ms) N/A

Comments

• Solution found:

My Safari Directory (/Users/[username]/Library/Safari) was moved from my ssd to another volume. on this volume 1Password has no read/write rights. on /var/system.log i found entrys that reported 'deny read/write'.

I moved my Safari Dir back to my SSD and the safari extensions works correctly.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='bw1faeh0' timestamp='1315659978' post='47093']

Solution found:

My Safari Directory (/Users/[username]/Library/Safari) was moved from my ssd to another volume. on this volume 1Password has no read/write rights. on /var/system.log i found entrys that reported 'deny read/write'.

I moved my Safari Dir back to my SSD and the safari extensions works correctly.

[/quote]

Wow, it was a tricky problem. Thank you for figuring this out!