This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

MAS 1P Version 3.9.0 (build 39001) under Lion OS X 10.7.1 - Stopped functioning

StanTheMan
StanTheMan Junior Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I read up on the process to upgrade including looking into the situation regarding Dropbox.

Who better than Agile to be in the know about security?

Choosing to move the Keychain to Dropbox was a ‘ no brainer’.

Dropbox was downloaded and installed.

Whilst still running 1P 3.8.5 the Keychain was successfully moved to Dropbox.

The location is, I believe, standard at:

Home Directory/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

Reading up on ‘hiding’ the keychain it was said to be of nil improved security because it cannot be accessed by others using Sharing Facilities of Dropbox due to being confined to specified Folder/s.

Did the MAS bit, on the first day of the release, and got up and running with MAS 1P.

Everything functioned as expected, this continued until this morning Saturday 10th September 2011.

One of my first tasks is to open 1Password which did not present a problem.

As usual I hit the 1P Helper > Go & Fill > All > and navigated to the desired location.

The expected web page appeared and my UserName was in the appropriate field but nothing happened with regard to the Password input.

It is possible that the UserName was retained in a cache, although I make a habit of not allowing my details to be ‘remembered’ by websites if at all possible. That is definitely part of 1Password’s role.

All further attempts to Log On in various sites result in the appropriate web page being presented but then just sitting there. Revisiting the Helper simply reopens the same page and the only way to gain access it to C & P from the main 1P Application.

In 1Password Preferences > General > Your Data is stored in > the details there are as when installed and clicking on ‘1Password.agilekeychain‘ opens Finder in the appropriate location where it is stored.

Disk Utility was used to:

Repair Disk = nil issues

Repair Disk permissions= Minor issues, which repeatedly appear every time DU is invoked, were repaired. One item which has been a long outstanding issue that cannot be repaired can be ignored for the purposes of this exercise.

Trashing the 1Password Plist was done.

None of these things have made any improvement to 1P limited abilities.

Serious thinking time had arrived but Brain Fade started to kick in.

When the upgrade took place Safari ‘lost’ it’s 1P Extension and the Helper took it’s place.

The Brain Fade means I cannot be sure how this demise came about.

Worse at some point yesterday Safari’s 1P Extension reappeared and I am equally baffled as to how that happened.

However the reappearance of the Safari 1P Extension did not affect the performance of 1P yesterday.

The next apparent move might be to uninstall and reinstall 1P, unless someone here can offer an alternative?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Meanwhile thank goodness for C & P!

Comments

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan Junior Member
    Something gone wrong with the posting of this Thread.

It is not visible to me within the MAS 1P Forum where it was started.

In any event to cut a long story short I could not wait for help so using CCC dropped Mail and 1P stuff on my Lion Clone to update.

I made a copy of the Downloads Folder to avoid having to download Dropbox again.

Then set up cloning from the Lion Clone back to my Lion OS HDD.

As of this moment I have MAS 1P installed and running with the Keychain in the Dropbox.

Everything is working as expected.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you so much for the update, Stan!