This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

There are 3 files in my dropbox folder and tags are not syncing [Answered]

I just started using 1password, and I love it. I am using it with Dropbox on 3 machines. In the dropbox folder, I have the following 3 files:

1Password-337359937.agilekeychain

1Password-337359163.agilekeychain

1Password.agilekeychain

It appears that there is one file per machine that I'm using. Is that the way it's supposed to work? I thought that they would all share the file 1Password.agilekeychain. Do I have a conflict?

Also, I've noticed that while data seems to sync, the tags are not syncing, so when I use the drop down menu on the machine where I created and filed the tags for various logins, I do not have those tags on the other two machines.

I'm sure this is a simple sync issue, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Avi

Comments

• Follow up.

Strangely, after I posted this, I got a growl notification of a new sync in Dropbox, and sure enough the tags appeared on the other machines. So, now my question is, how often does dropbox sync the 1password information? Does it wait to write things to the files, and thus syncing is delayed?

Is it still a problem that I have the 3 agilekychain files?

Avi
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Avi,

You can see which of the keychain files 1Password is using by looking in 1Password > Preferences > General.

The Dropbox folks could probably give you a better answer as to how frequently Dropbox syncs, but my experience is that changes are synced as soon as they are made[1].

[1] Of course, if there are a lot of changes to sync, or other files are syncing at the same time, you may not have enough bandwidth to make these changes appear instantaneously.

Thanks

Ben
This discussion has been closed.