This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Please change the MAS description

Berklee
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I've been using 1Password for over several years now, and I really love it. I've always enjoyed using it and have recommended it to several friends, etc. You guys are generally great in every area. But the MAS launch has been a bit of a let-down. Like many of your customers, I've run into some problems, some were fixed with a work-around, others will surely be fixed in coming updates.

However, one thing I think you can change easily and immediately that will benefit a lot of transitioning users is your MAS description. I specifically read it completely for any upgrade instructions, but there were none. So I installed the MAS version right next to the old one, and that did not work out very well for me.

So please, change the MAS description with some more information for existing users looking to upgrade. Something along the lines of: "Existing users, please make a backup of your 1Password files by selecting File > Backup and remove your current installation of 1Password and any 1Password browser extensions before installing this new version." That should do it, preferably somewhere near the top.

I'm sure you guys are scrambling to solve everyone's problem, so good luck and keep up the good work!

Comments