This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

German Version / Translation Error [Answered]

If you enter a wrong master password, the German version of 1Password (Mac App Store version) display an incomplete error message:

Actual: 'Anmelden nicht mögli'

Expected (probably) 'Anmelden nicht möglich'

BTW: 1Password's German localization is not that convincing so far. Some parts are not translated at all. Could you please add a language switch?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi MacMacken,

The translations are incomplete and weren't supposed to be displayed yet. We'll have complete translations available in an update soon.

Thanks.
  • MacMacken
    MacMacken Junior Member
    [quote name='bwoodruff' timestamp='1315683020' post='47348']The translations are incomplete and weren't supposed to be displayed yet. We'll have complete translations available in an update soon.[/quote]

I'm getting more and more disappointed with AgileBits. You publish an incomplete new Firefox extension, you publish an incomplete Mac App Store exclusive version, and you aren't even polite enough to say 'thank you' for a bug report.

Did I miss something? Did the recent name change go along with a change of ownership and therefore a new policy re. development and customer support?
  • MacMacken
    MacMacken Junior Member
    P.S.: In the Mac App Store description of 1Password, German is listed as a supported langage. Are you going to remove this wrongful statement?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed. I believe I did actually say "thanks" above?

We will have a full blown translation in an upcoming release that I expect to see soon for all of the languages listed. This will, of course, be a free update.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited September 2011
    [quote name='MacMacken' timestamp='1315683226' post='47354']

P.S.: In the Mac App Store description of 1Password, German is listed as a supported langage. Are you going to remove this wrongful statement?

[/quote]

I am sorry. The App Store found German resources in the application and automatically listed them in the application description.

Is it really that bad? I can remove 1Password from the German store until we get this fixed.
  • It's not that bad. Probably 95% of the app are translated into German, so you should keep the App Store description.

A big exception are the browser extensions. They should be localized too.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='MarkusJ' timestamp='1315694624' post='47487']

It's not that bad. Probably 95% of the app are translated into German, so you should keep the App Store description.

A big exception are the browser extensions. They should be localized too.

[/quote]

Thank you, I hope to update the translation in Mac App Store soon.

Yes, the extensions need the translation too. That will be next step.
  • The german translation is incomplete as mentioned. Also some menu items correctly translated in 3.8.5 are not translated in 3.9.

No issue for me, but for beginners it may be. If possible i would set a link to a page where the translated texts can be found, so users can go there to see what it means.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi,

As Roustem mentioned above, this will be fixed in the near future. Thank you!

Ben
This discussion has been closed.