This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

I have Snow Leopard. Must I pay more? [Answer is NO]

BasilFawlty
edited September 2011 in Mac
I see that via the App Store, I can't get 1Password for $19.99, but I MUST have LION! I hate LION (sorry) and will not upgrade. But it seems that the version 3.8.X that will work with SL is not available on the App store, but only via your web site - for $39.99!! Is there a way to get the earlier version for the $19.99 price (otherwise I'm not buying it).

Comments

• I've just sent you a message about this. While 1Password 3.8.x will continue to support Snow Leopard, the future of 1Password is going to be Lion only. We've seen a huge number of users switching over, the largest adoption rate we've seen for quite some time, and it makes sense for us to focus our resources.
  • BasilFawlty
    edited September 2011
    I just got your message. I'll give it a try. Thanks. Sorry to be a pain, but I really do not like Lion ( I have invested in several programs that won't even run on Lion).
  • I understand that, I was lucky to have no apps that are stuck with Snow Leopard, and the one I did have was upgraded to Lion for free because it was a recent purchase.
  • Carl
    Carl Just Me
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1315687039' post='47414']

I've just sent you a message about this. While 1Password 3.8.x will continue to support Snow Leopard, the future of 1Password is going to be Lion only. We've seen a huge number of users switching over, the largest adoption rate we've seen for quite some time, and it makes sense for us to focus our resources.

[/quote]

Yes, after all Lion has been out for almost 60 days now. Drop all that really old stuff like Snow Leopard.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Snow Leopard does not support a number of new technologies that we hope to take advantage of, including iCloud syncing.
  • Carl
    Carl Just Me
    [quote name='bwoodruff' timestamp='1315710057' post='47575']

Snow Leopard does not support a number of new technologies that we hope to take advantage of, including iCloud syncing.

[/quote]

Rumor is that iCloud will be in 10.6.9. We shall see.