This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

contentsHash Error - How do I Rebuild Data File?

JerryG
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Just updated to the Mac App Store 3.9 version of 1Password. I noticed a lot of the following errors in my system logs:

9/10/11 4:26:03.181 PM 1Password Helper: [39001] Failed to update contentsHash, cannot decrypt [Password for macrumors.com/E3333E679A554DF88B69C37E707DDC2E]. Please use Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File in 1Password application to fix this issue.

Unfortunately, the App Store version of 1Password no longer contains a Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File option in the "Help" menu. How do I go about fixing this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Jerry,

Try to change something in macrumors.com item, edit a note for example, and then save. That will update the contentsHash.
  • Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of these errors (approx. 200) for many different items in my 1Password data file. I hope it is not necessary to go and change something in each one as that is going to take a lot of time. There has to be a better way, especially since the older version of 1Password had it built-in.

Jerry
  • roustem
    Yes, there is another option. You can export all items into 1Password Interchange Format and then import this data back.
  • Problem solved! I learn something new every day!

Thanks for your quick responses in getting this problem resolved!

Jerry
  • roustem
    [quote name='JerryG' timestamp='1315690806' post='47461']

Problem solved! I learn something new every day!

Thanks for your quick responses in getting this problem resolved!

Jerry

[/quote]

Thank you, Jerry!

I just wanted to make sure you securely delete the exported file after you are done. This file is not encrypted.