This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Notes password

brenno
brenno Junior Member
Regarding the iOS app:

Is it possible to have a setting that does not require me to input my "long" master password when I want to protect notes with the master password?

Currently, once I click that button, I have to enter the password. This is cumbersome and redundant. It would seem more logical if I simply click that button and the master password is applied to this note.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Good question, brenno!

In order to enable master password protection, 1Password needs to encrypt the contents and uses your master password as part of this process. You will need to enter your master password initially. Once you have entered your master password, though, you can toggle that setting for as many items as you like until you lock 1Password again without having to enter it for each item. A side effect of this necessary behavior is that folks cannot accidentally apply master password protection to their items if they don't actually know their master password since it is required in order to toggle that setting. This prevents some folks from being locked out of their items.

Cheers,