This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is it possible to purchase 3.9 but not install it

zztop18
edited September 2011 in Mac
Knowing that eventually I'll have to upgrade to version 4.? at some time and wanting to save some money on the upgrade by purchasing it from the app store now and having 3.8 working fairly well and not wanting to be a beta tester for version 3.9 and having 4.0 upgrade (again beta testing) before it's fully tested, is there a way to purchase the app form the app store without installing it?

By the way I'm a long time owner of 1Password, bought it when it was 1Passwd, so I was surprised when I found out about the app store inclusion from a web post rather than from you folks. Also no upgrade path to version 4 from your web site. Sure, you say it's cheaper through the app store, but that's your choice. You could make the web site upgrade cost less say, $10 for all of us who paid the full freight and have been long time supporters. Just my 2¢.

Dennis

Comments

• The only way I think you could do this is to install Mac OS on an external drive and sign in to the app store from there. I did this when I was trying out Lion before installing it on my main hard drive.